Passidomo's Voting Record

Live in Naples? Do you know what your State Rep is up to? Check out Passidomo's Voting Record!

IT Consulting & Computer Network Services

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Healthcare and Welfare

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." - Benjamin Franklin, August 14th 1766

We are a great and moral people - and we must resist the progressive assault on our souls. They would lure us to their Marxism by the carrot of our compassion for those less fortunate but we know this to be wrong and immoral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a common sense blog. I welcome comments, but keep them coherent, intelligent and polite. If you can't say it without a belligerent personal attack, nobody's going to care what you say anyways, and neither will I. Profanities etc. only detract from what you say so why do it?